bush-cheney project cancelled
no need to “stay in” with the wrong people
because people don’t usually “stay in”
> advertisement >
valleylist (sm) friday 05.22.2009 v69.0 r.1
high tech products companies consumers
HOT NEW PRODUCTS
+ new microsoft search engine
THE CENSUS A NEW TAKE [ALREADY IN PROGRESS] after 10 years it’s past due.
only every ten years and here we are all over again. first “valleylist” has a “fun with numbers” list that will take most of us from the cold war into the 21st century. did you know that the u.s.a. is the third largest country after china and india.
then those of us only interested in the u.s.a. need to find out that the new census count is just making the newswires this week
“valleylist” thinks the global view suggests a need to focus on marketing problems. for example which countries should be targetted and how to prioritize for a new marketing campaign. in the case of ”valleylist” the question is should “valleylist” target new versions for high tech “silicon valley” areas from china and india as well as indonesia and pakistan. a quick review of the numbers would reveal how many english speaking people there are and where they are congregated.
and there it is – - fun with numbers. “valleylist” is going to save the foreign versions until the english language markets have been successfully launched.
>the world view is a problem and an opportunity
countries and areas ranked by population: 2050
- – - - Country – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – Population
1 india 1,807,878,574
2 china 1,424,161,948
3 u.s.a 439,010,253
4 indonesia 313,020,847
5 pakistan 295,224,598
6 Ethiopia 278,283,137
7 Nigeria 264,262,405
8 Brazil 260,692,493
9 Bangladesh 233,587,279
10 Congo (Kinshasa) 189,310,849
11 Philippines 171,964,187
12 Mexico 147,907,650
13 Uganda 128,007,514
14 Egypt 127,563,256
15 Russia 109,187,353
the census populations and growth reflect a very different world from the days of the cold war when it was Russia versus the u.s.a every day in some god forsaken corner of the world like Korea or Angola or Afghanistan or the Falklands.
>the new usa census involves a country wide recount of the important facts. not to be outdone by the big newspapers it was el observador that first published the new census timeline. before anybody knew it there were requests for people to become census canvassers and help the u.s.a. government get the job done. The government can help you if you want to be a census taker.
U.S.A. 2010 Census Timeline: Key Dates
- – Fall 2008: Recruitment begins for local census jobs for early census operations.
- – Spring 2009: Census employees go door-to-door to update address list nationwide.
- – Fall 2009: Recruitment begins for census takers needed for peak workload in 2010.
- – February – March 2010: Census questionnaires are mailed or delivered to households.
- – April 1, 2010: Census Day
- – April – July 2010: Census visit households that did not return a questionnaire by mail.
- – December 2010: By law, Census Bureau delivers population counts for apportionment.
- – March 2011: By law, Census Bureau completes delivery of redistricting data to states.
source usa census bureau
- – it’s really out of time
- – new census data is very valuable get it from census bureau
- – those crazy enough to really want a custom marketing plan can order a custom data set. those of us who obtain the new data first and apply analysis to the new custom data usually beat the competition and end up with a data set that suits the needs of their business. accurate custom data from the u.s.a. government really makes and big difference.
- – for example it’s possible to order up census data by zip code [take the phone company publishing group for example] and apply the data to sales activity in each zip code. the result is a set of economic indicators that will help sales achieve their objective. the project – - a real phone company success – - was a 6 month project involving custom software and months of computer time. the results indicate where to apply needed money and sales activity. neal
strock the systems analyst assigned to the project got into a lot of trouble and so did the analysis team. there’s a great example of taking the time to find out what the business needed and then defining the new census data to really work for the phone company publishing sales reps.
however generalized market data from the u.s.a. u.s.a. census bureau is very valuable and is easily obtained.
MAYOR OF THE WEEK is chuck reed of the city of san josé who’s strategy is to become the capital of silicon valley by becoming the largest city in the area. san jose population passed the 1 million mark a few weeks ago
no surprise because chuck reed is too old – - 61 years old in fact – - too old to really understand the need to be responsive to high tech businesses in the area. in fact the high growth rate strategy is a lazy rich old person’s response to “what me worry about high tech”.
how wealthy is chuck reed is a closely guarded secret however he’s not a real “everyman” who thinks and acts independently in that tiny oval office of his. it’s chuck reed the “hood” who needs to be part of a large gang mentality. last “valleylist” heard it was the oakland mayor’s office and city council bailing chuck out of yet another mess. before that it was the state attorney general and then before that is was the state insurance commissioners office. hey chuck it’s a problem why don’t you call the “hood” to put a “hit” on everybody again and find out what it is.
and the day after it remains a problem.
and no solution.
NEW FEATURE EVERY WEEK knows the pain of governmental interference in everybody’s the day to day life. however their success comes from providing products and services business people cannot live without. in addition to the u.s.a. census bureau and their impossible to replicate wealth of historical census data there are a few specific publications areas that “valleylist” recommends.
when in doubt go grab some food and try to find out who is a bigger publisher than the u.s.a. government.
then fire up the internet.
NEWS NEEDS TO BE NEW (sm) is the result of the “valleylist” agenda to invest in the business and offer a wide range of publishing products and services. it’s the email newsletter “valleylist” that started it all and the new products and services in the pipeline are very high potential and interesting. while sponsorship and new business opportunities are negotiable it is only with a real meeting involving responsible parties.
“valleylist” planned future titles / advertising and sponsorship
“valleylist” publishing projects
>ning- – “valleylist” original content
>ning - – “the reign of terror”
“valleylist” is too busy to include warmongering and terrorism right now.
>ning - - ”spin the bottle” [new product description 4.10.2009]
a new group that needs publisher news and latest ideas